Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Holocaust Museum and Related Issues . . .

So I went to the Holocaust Museum in DC, and although I have always been aware of the Holocaust as a terrible event in the history of human kind, the museum helps one to perceive the true terror and evil of the event. How did such an event even happen? It is truly terrifying and mystifying that one crazy person could mobilize so many people into not only enabling, but perpetuating such horendous crimes against humanity. How could the masses have been so easily and willingly led astray? The whole event really kind of gives me a cynical view of humanity, and reminds of a related question I have always had.

Why is it seemingly only the white race that has sought to exploit or enslave other races? (I am not the most educated person on such matters, so I would be interested to hear about counter-examples if anyone knows any, i.e. a "minority" (non-white) race attempting to exploit a different race.) Freud always believed women possessed some sort of "penis envy." While I certainly do not believe that, I do wonder if white people have some sort of latent melanin envy. ?

No comments: